Sep 24, 2016

My last will in favour of Bari

My legacy to the City hall of Bari 
     The undersigned Silvana Calabrese, born in Bari on 11.01.1987, here resident and here graduated in full possession of her mental faculties appoints the City hall of Bari her sole heir. In this way should start a last will, provided always has not looked too much movies. As in this, we jumped back with the subtitle "A few months before". I tried to do something for which the environmentalists would be grateful to me: make my trips by bus. So I committed to not touch the car keys, among other things, a free loan because it belongs to another member of my household and therefore excluded from my last will. So I immersed myself in the fascinating world of "public transport" early by learning the lingo: "is overflowing", "missed the race", "lags", "rose early", "has a fault". I purchase a ticket but do not use it because I can’t ever take the bus.
My last will in favour of Bari Silvana Calabrese
     I’m not a psychic, but I know that when my grandmother out of the house and take the public transportation, I will come her phone call and not because I’m her favourite grandchild, but because the bus has failed or miss two or more races. I came to the conclusion that it is much easier to get on a tank (at the Levante Fiera – fair, exhibition – was possible a few years ago).
     Many baresians tried to reduce polluting emissions of their cars taking public transportation: some buy simple tickets for € 0.80, while others find easier to subscribe the season ticket; and others take a fine of € 50 which is positively because it should be added to the funds for bus maintenance. Yet the efficiency almost always low levels and during peak hours the number of Amtab bus on the road doesn’t increase, forcing passengers to compress.
     I remember that when the mayor Emiliano appeared on the political scene was attributed him a major advantage: to have practiced the profession of magistrate that had made him closer to the problems of their fellow citizens, but to be truly such, the mayor should try at least once public transport and not for a walk, but for errands.
     [How I ventured to promise isn’t an isolated case: in 1933 in California was built Coit Tower, a memorial tower as a result of the bequest by Lillie Hitchcock Coit to beautify San Francisco, the city to which Lillie bequeathed the third part of her assets "that were spent in an appropriate manner in order to increase the splendor of the city which I have always loved"].
     Now tell me if what I have written, legally speaking, counts as a last will or should I go to a notary. 
     Source “La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno”, an italian newspaper, October 18, 2010, p. 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment